Koi Health Advisor

  • Sunday, May 07, 2023 10:08 AM
    Reply # 13194156 on 12224158


    I am new to koi ownership and just joined the club. I bought a pond that came with a house. My koi are sick and I don’t even know where to start. Do you have any recommendations for someone I can consult with? Also, just a heads up, I tried the link under the health advisory program and it doesn’t link to anything. 



  • Wednesday, December 29, 2021 9:15 PM
    Message # 12224158
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    For those who are interested in becoming a certified Koi Health Advisor, check out the Koi Health Advisor Program offered by AKCA. Details are available at the AKCA website

    The Koi Health Adviser program is a hobbyist to hobbyist support group. It puts more experienced Koi keepers in touch with those learning about the hobby.

    The KHA program is not intended to replace the professional veterinarian, but to put a "fellow Koi keeper" out there to help. Is the problem water quality issues or is there a serious health problem? If the pond needs the attention of a Veterinary Professional then the KHA can help the owner get in touch with those vets that deal with ponds or give the open minded local vet a vet contact who does deal with ponds for professional information.

    Last modified: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 9:16 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)

2011-2023 Rocky Mountain Koi Club. All Rights Reserved
"Rocky Mountain Koi Club" is a 501(c)4 non-profit organization. 

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software